A rigging course is something that is very valuable
There are a lot of job opportunities for people who have trained in rigging, and as they can service transport, construction and mining industries, there is hardly shortage of jobs. To be able to land those jobs, one must have the proper training from a reputable school. The courses that are offered have to ensure that one gets the basis of rigging, and it should include both theory and practical lessons. The practical lessons are extremely valuable in getting the trainees to be comfortable with the work hands on, so they get comfortable in performing the tasks that they need to do.
A rigging course has to include fundamentals in the following:
1. Fiber rope - Knowledge is necessary in learners to understand how to handle fiber ropes. They also need to know how to identify them, how to inspect them as well as have an understanding about knots and hitches.
2. Wire Rope - Just like with fiber ropes, trainees have to know the ins and outs of wire ropes, from being able to identify them to handling them and inspecting them.
3. Slings and Hitches - these are also used quite a bit in rigging and a rigging course has to cover this. Learners are taught about the type of sling materials that are available, they learn the proper use for slings and hitches, they are taught how best to apply them, they learn how to inspect them and more.
4. Rigging Hardware - what is a rigging course without learning the hardware that will be used on a regular basis? These include hooks, shackles to clamps to trolleys to everything in between. Learners have to know how to use them properly and how to inspect them to ensure that they are still in good working order.
5. Hoists - there are different hoists that are available, ranging from those that are operated by hand, to those that are operated by power. A rigging course must also teach learners about cranes and jacks, and the best way to use them.
As you can see the rigging course is very specific and involved. There are also lessons that they must learn about load weights and attachment, and being able to select the best hardware to use in terms of the slings, the loads and the hitches depending on the requirements of the jobs that they will be performing.
An important factor in the rigging course is that trainees learn the basis of what rigging entails and be able to execute the requirements of the job. They have to be able to know exactly what the task is that is being requested for them to do, they have to be able to communicate everything that is going to happen to the team members, they have to prepare all that is needed to do the job well, all the while ensuring that they are complying to all the regulations that they should comply to and making sure that all work will be carried out safely without risks or injuries.